Sniffy - Wifi IoT sensor
Sniffy is an unobtrusive IoT sensor, disguised as pot plant.
It is a battery powered eductional IoT device to measure the environment.
It measures temperature and air humidity.
Uses RGB LED for notification.
Sensor data is sent over Wifi to ThingSpeak for visualisation.
Comes with Arduino library and programming examples.
A Dutch learning book for secondary school pupils is available.
What do you get?
- 4 PCBs with all parts assembled
- Arduino library with examples
- Mini succulent (plastic)
- Connectors (need to be soldered to PCB)
- 3.7V 900mAh Li-Ion battery (2 wires need to be soldered to PCB)
- STL design files for 3d printed enclosure
The software, STL design files and documentation are available on Naked Ninja Github.
Microcontroller: ESP8266 (ESP12)
- Flash Memory: 4MB
- RAM: 36kB
- Clock Speed: 80MHz
- Operating Voltage: 3.3 Volt
Power Supply Voltage: 5 Volt
- Standby mode: 0.5~0.7mA
- Active mode: 75~85 mA
Battery: Li-ion 3.7 Volt
Battery Connector: JST XH 2.54mm
Charger Module: TP4056