If you don't want the tall elegant plantmeter, you can go for Shorty. Stick Shorty into the soil and connect it to the plantmeter brain.
Shorty is a plantmeter that monitors the soil moisture levels of your plants. It uses authenticated HTTP POST command over Wifi to communicate with a plantmeter hub that gathers all the data and notifies you when a plant needs watering.
Works with any webserver, home automation system or other device that can process HTTP POST commands, and works right out of the box in combination with our plantmeter hub.
Has its own website on the device to configure ID, network settings and sleep time. Rechargeable, battery powered, works 6 months on 1 charge.
What do you get?
- Plantmeter PCB, assembled, with all components soldered
- Soil moisture sensor stick
- 3-core wire with connectors
- 3.7V 900mAh Li-Ion battery, (needs to be soldered to PCB)
- Open Source code (for Arduino IDE), completely customizable
- STL design files for 2 3d printed enclosures
The software, STL design files and documentation are available on Naked Ninja Github.
Microcontroller: ESP8266 (ESP12)
- Flash Memory: 4MB
- RAM: 36kB
- Clock Speed: 80MHz
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Flash Memory: 8kB
- RAM: 512B
- Clock Speed: 1MHz
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 to 5.5V
Power Supply Voltage: 5 Volt
- Standby mode: 16~ 25uA
- Active mode: 50 ~ 80mA
Battery: Li-ion 3.7 Volt
Battery Connector: Solder Pads
Charger Module: TP4056