The Plantmeter TallBoy is a device that monitors the soil moisture levels of your plants.
It uses authenticated HTTP POST command over Wifi to communicate with a plantmeter hub that gathers all the data and notifies you when a plant needs watering.
Works with any webserver, home automation system or other device that can process HTTP POST commands, and works right out of the box in combination with our plantmeter hub. Has its own web interface to configure the ID, network settings and sleep time.
The plantmeter is a rechargeable, battery powered device that can operate for 6 months on 1 charge.
What do you get?
- Plantmeter PCB, assembled, with all components soldered
- Soil moisture sensor stick (needs to be soldered to plantmeter PCB)
- 3.7V 900mAh Li-Ion battery (needs to be soldered to PCB)
- Open Source code (for Arduino IDE), completely customizable
- STL design files for 3d printed enclosure
The software, STL design files and documentation are available on Naked Ninja Github.
Microcontroller: ESP8266 (ESP12)
- Flash Memory: 4MB
- RAM: 36kB
- Clock Speed: 80MHz
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Flash Memory: 8kB
- RAM: 512B
- Clock Speed: 1MHz
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 to 5.5V
Power Supply Voltage: 5 Volt
- Standby mode: 16~ 25uA
- Active mode: 50 ~ 80mA
Battery: Li-ion 3.7 Volt
Battery Connector: Solder Pads
Charger Module: TP4056